Are you ready to begin offering oral appliance therapy for your patients with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder (TMD) or sleep apnea? Well, you’re in luck because at Ben-Pat Institute, we have a hands-on course November 12-13 that will help you with implementing oral appliance therapy for TMD and sleep apnea in your office.
Here is the TMD course
This is an all-inclusive and hands-on course called, “Intraoral Orthotics for the Management of Temporomandibular Disorders.” Many of you have heard me say that I construct my own orthotics in the lab. This will be the main thrust of this course.
Together we will be making many of the different orthotics in the market today. We will also be demonstrating how to change the orthotics to fit any need that you may have. During the course, we will take you step-by-step through the reasoning behind many of the oral appliances that we use in our practice. We will also explain what we are aiming to accomplish with each device. This will help in the long run.
What you will learn
After completing this two-day course, there are many things you will learn that you can take back to your practice to implement immediately. You will learn:
- When and why to use the various TMD appliances.
- Chair-side fabrication of a TMD splint. This is the hands on portion.
- The process from impression to fabrication to delivery of TMD splints that can be done in your office. Also hands on.
- The various bit registration methods for TMD points such as when and which method to consider.
- Balancing to reline appliances for a hands on section.
- How to make an in office EMA and get certified so you can provide this sleep appliance for your patients.
Spaces are limited, so make sure to sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in class and helping you take the next step in your practice for offering oral appliance therapy for TMD and sleep apnea.