We’re excited about an upcoming course from BenPat Institute April 23-24 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Together with Dr. Terry Bennett, this is an all-inclusive course called the “Intraoral Orthotics for the Management of Temporomandibular Disorders.” In previous lectures, you may remember that we construct our own orthotics in our dental lab. This will be the main focus of this two-day program.
We will be making different orthotics while also demonstrating how to change these appliances to fit any need that you might have. Throughout the two-day course, we will walk you step-by-step through the reasoning behind many of the orthotics that we use in our practice and explain what we will be trying to accomplish with each one.
This hands on splint course will provide each dentist and their teams with a better understanding and clarity behind the use of each orthotic. We have discussed several different oral appliances, which can make it difficult to understand how to pick the right device. In fact, picking the wrong orthotic or bite relationship can doom your treatment plan. This is true even if you send your orthotics to a separate dental lab for creation. But we are here to guide you in the right direction so you can make the right choice every time.
What you will learn
Throughout the two days of this course, there are several things you will learn. Here are some of the areas that you will learn more about by the end of this course:
- When and why to use the various TMD appliances.
- Understand chair-side fabrication of a TMD splint (hands on).
- The process from impression to fabrication to delivery of TMD splints that can be done in your office (hands on).
- Understand the various bite registration methods for TMD points–when and which method to consider.
- Balancing to relining appliances (hands on).
- How to make an in-office EMA and get certified so you can provide this sleep appliance for your patients.
We look forward to seeing you at this upcoming course April 23-24! Make sure to register now as spaces will fill up quickly!