As the field of dentistry continues to evolve, dental professionals have the unique opportunity to expand their horizons and offer specialized care beyond the traditional scope of dental procedures. Tufts University is proud to present the Hands-on and Didactic Maxi-Residency in Craniofacial Pain and Dental Sleep Medicine, starting in Fall 2023.
Here is why this program is a game-changer for your practice.
Empowering dentists as comprehensive care providers
Dentists and their teams are at the forefront of patient care, often detecting early signs of various health conditions during routine visits. This Maxi-Residency program recognizes the pivotal role dentists play in healthcare and aims to empower them with the knowledge and skills to identify sleep apnea and craniofacial pain.
By capitalizing on their regular interactions with patients, dentists can become key players in early detection and prevention.
Session diversity for optimal learning
The program’s structure is designed to cater to different learning preferences. With a blend of in-person and live-streamed virtual sessions, participants can choose the format that best suits their schedules and preferences.
The four sessions, spaced over several months, provide a comprehensive curriculum that covers crucial aspects of craniofacial pain and dental sleep medicine. This ensures that participants acquire a well-rounded understanding and practical skills that can be immediately applied in their practices.
A glimpse into course objectives
The curriculum of this Maxi-Residency delves deep into a range of subjects, enabling participants to elevate their practice in significant ways:
- Gain insights into sleep physiology, breathing patterns, sleep-related movement disorders, and upper airway resistance syndrome.
- Understand the profound health implications of sleep deficiency and its correlation with systemic conditions.
- Explore the anatomy of the upper airway to better grasp the mechanics of airway obstructions.
- Recognize the interconnectedness of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD) and sleep disturbances.
- Master the diagnosis of orofacial pain disorders using precise criteria and thorough patient interviews.
- Acquire practical skills in taking accurate bite registrations for sleep and TMJ appliances, along with fitting and troubleshooting techniques.
- Identify suitable oral appliances for managing obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in various cases.
- Interpret diagnostic images such as Panorex, CBCT, and MRIs to diagnose TMJ and upper airway conditions.
- Gain proficiency in administering injections for orofacial pain, complete with hands-on training.
Exclusive pricing for alumni
Alumni of Orofacial, TMD, DSM, and PDSM programs are offered a special pricing of $5995* for this Maxi-Residency program. Tufts University believes in fostering a community of dedicated professionals, and this pricing reflects their commitment to making this transformative program accessible to those who are already invested in their education.
The Hands-on and Didactic Maxi-Residency in Craniofacial Pain and Dental Sleep Medicine at Tufts University is a remarkable opportunity for dental professionals seeking to enhance their expertise and broaden their scope of practice.
By participating in this program, you’ll not only elevate your skills but also contribute to a healthier and more informed patient population. Embrace this chance to be a part of the future of dentistry and join us this Fall 2023 for a journey of growth and learning.
*Please note that pricing is subject to change. Refer to the official Tufts University website for the most current information.