You might have heard that dentists can construct their own orthotics in a lab. But have you ever wanted to learn how? You’re in luck because Ben-Pat Institute is offering a hands-on splint course for treating temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder (TMD) June 9-10.
In this splint course for TMD we will be making many of the different orthotics and also demonstrating how to change the devices to fit any need that you might have. We will walk you step by step through the reasoning behind many of the orthotics that we use in our practice and explain what we will be trying to accomplish with each one.
By doing this, you will gain a better understanding of the use of each orthotic. Since we have discussed many different types of orthotics, it can get confusing and picking the wrong one or bite relationship can doom your treatment to failure. This is true whether you want to create the orthotics in your own lab or send them out to your lab of choice. That is why we want to make sure each individual step is covered–so you can provide the best care possible.
What you will learn
After this two-day hands on splint course for TMD in Tulsa, Oklahoma, you will walk away with a better understanding of how to properly care for your patients. Here is more of what you will learn when participating in this course:
- When and why to use the various TMD appliances.
- Chair-side fabrication of a TMD splint (hands on).
- The process from impression to fabrication to delivery of TMD splints that can be done in your office (hands on)
- Various bite registration methods for TMD points–when and which method to consider.
- Balancing to relining appliances (hands on).
- How to make an in-office EMA and get certified so you can provide this sleep appliance for your patients.
We hope to see you in June for this hands on splint course for TMD! But don’t wait. Spaces are limited, so sign up today.